What is Medical Hypnoanalysis?
Medical Hypnoanalysis is dynamic, short term and directed therapy.
This medical model of psychotherapy aims to alleviate symptoms by means of resolving the underlying subconscious causes.
The psychotherapist uses psychological techniques to analyse the conscious and subconscious minds to discover the root cause of the problem.
Medical Hypnoanalysis examines the presenting symptoms of the patient.
It relies on taking a thorough case history, observing the verbal and non-verbal communication, while seeking subconscious clues to the ultimate causes of the symptoms, to make a psychodynamic diagnosis.
Therapist tool to investigate the subconscious include the Word Association Exercise, dream analysis and regressive therapy.
Read these articles:
1) A certificate of SASCH Elementary Hypnosis Training
2) For advanced level
3) Must be currently enrolled in a Master’s degree in Clinical -, Counselling- or Education Psychology
4) Currently be an Intern in Clinical -, Counselling- or Education Psychology
5) Be a registered Clinical -, Counselling- or Education Psychologist with the HPCSA
6) Be a registered Medical Doctor or Dentist, but you will have to apply for accreditation through your own field’s accreditation board.
Price structure for Training Courses:
- R4 300 – SASCH & PsySSA members
- R4 800 – Non-members
- R2 150 – M1, M2 student psychologists and Interns in Psychology
Psychologists can now do any refresher training course at 50% discount. It’s really worth the while